State Plan for Services
State Plan for Senior Services, FY 2012 – FY 2015
The State Plan is required by the U.S. Administration on Aging in order for Alaska to be eligible for receipt of Older Americans Act funds. OAA funds help pay for senior meals, rides, information and referral, and numerous other support services for Alaska seniors. The plan contains a core section describing Alaska’s Older Americans Act programs as well as numerous appendices focusing on the demographics of Alaska seniors, a senior needs assessment, State of Alaska programs for seniors, required assurances, a statewide plan for Alaska’s ADRCs (Aging & Disability Resource Centers), and other material.
Core Section of Plan
- Approval Letter from Assistant Secretary for Aging Kathy Greenlee
- Sole State Agency on Aging Designation by Governor Parnell
- Alaska Dept. of Health & Social Services Approval
- Alaska Commission on Aging Approval
- Executive Summary
- Core Section of Plan (Older Americans Act Programs)
- Goals, Objectives, Strategies & Performance Measures
- Appendix A: Organizational Charts
- Appendix B: State Plan Funding Framework
- Appendix C: Demographics of Alaska’s Seniors
- Appendix D: Needs Assessment
- Appendix E: Summary of the Older Americans Act
- Appendix F: State of Alaska Programs and Services for Older Alaskans
- Appendix G: State Plan Assurances, Required Activities, and Information Requirements
- Appendix H: Alaska ADRC Statewide Plan
- Appendix I: Long-Term Care in Alaska – Continuum of Care Chart and Definitions of Programs and Services
- Appendix J: Emergency Preparedness Checklists
- Appendix K: Useful Web Links
- Appendix L: List of Acronyms and Definitions
- Appendix M: State Plan Steering Committee Members
- Appendix N: Memo of Agreement
State Plan for Services for FY08-FY11
The Alaska Commission on Aging has worked with multiple partners to develop a new State Plan for Services for FY08-FY11. The plan describes how the Department of Health & Social Services will use federal and state funds for senior services throughout Alaska.
The final Alaska State Plan for Services FY08-FY11 is available for download or to view. The public review and comments from the draft hearings across the state are incuded as Section E at the end of the plan.
These documents are readable with Adobe Reader. If you are unable to download them, please request a hard copy using the information below.
State Plan Implementation
State Plan for FY08-FY11
Request a Copy
A limited number of hard copies of the FY08-FY11 state plan are available upon emailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also request a hard copy of the state plan by calling (907) 465-3250, Fax (907) 465-1398 or mail to:
Alaska Commission on Aging Juneau, AK 99811-0693
PO Box 110693