Alaska Health Care Commission
August 2009 Meeting Documents
Tuesday, August 25 — Wednesday, August 26, 2009 in Anchorage, Alaska
1-800-315-6338; pass code: 2474#
Day 1 Meeting Documents
August 25– 26, 2009 Agenda
- “Growing Telehealth: Getting from Here…to There,”PowerPoint Presentation, Stewart Ferguson, Ph.D. and John Kokesh, MD, Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium, August 2009.
- “Impact of Store-and-Forward Telehealth in Alaska: A Seven Year Retrospective,” Ferguson AS, Kokesh J, Patricoski C, Hofstetter P, Hogge N. Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium, 2009.
- “Alaska Healthcare Roadmap,”PowerPoint Presentation, William Streur, Alaska Department of Health & Social Services, August 25, 2009.
- Health Information Technology: Health Information Exchange & Health Information Exchange presentation handouts.
- “The Medical Home,” Eby D, Institute for Health Care Improvement Medical Home Work Group, August 16, 2009.
Day 2 Meeting Documents
- “Medicare Patient Access to Primary Care in Alaska,”PowerPoint Presentation, Jan Harris, UAA College of Health & Social Welfare, August 26, 2009.
- “Alaska’s Response to Medicare Access,” Harris J, Wright S, UAA Health Programs Office, August 2009.
- Finkelstein EA, Trogdon JG, Cohen JW, Dietz W. Annual Medical Spending Attributable to Obesity: Payer- and Service-Specific Estimates. Health Affairs 28, no. 5 (2009). July 27, 2009.
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention. Recommended Community Strategies and Measurements to Prevent Obesity in the United States. MMWR 2009; 58 (No. RR-7).
July 24, 2009.
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention. Best Practices for Comprehensive Tobacco Control Programs – 2007. October 2007.
- Alaska Department of Health & Social Services. "Tobacco Prevention and Control in Alaska
- Draft Alaska Health Care Commission Report Outline.
- Alaska Health Care Commission: Vision & values
- Consumers' Role in Health Care, Reducing Demand for Care through Chronic Health Prevention & Health Promotion, Section of Chronic Disease Prevention & Health Promotion. Kathy Allely, MPH, Andrea Fenaughty, PhD, Karol Fink, RD.