Residential Child Care Licensing
Residential Licensing Office
- Licenses Residential Child Care Facilities and Residential Psychiatric Treatment Facilities according to state statutes and regulations.
- Provides orientation on state regulations, licensing, and fees.
- Conducts annual inspection of all applicable licensed facilities.
- Investigates complaints alleging violations of state statutes and regulations.
- Maintains a current list of licensed facilities around Alaska
- Monitors facilities and works in partnership with partner agencies and providers.
Residential Child Care Facilities
A Residential Child Care Facilities (RCCF) is defined as a place, staffed by employees where one or more children who are apart from their parents receive 24-hour care on a continuing basis. There are seven specializations in RCCF residential licensing: Please reference AS 47.32, AS 47.05, 7AAC50 and 7AAC10 for details or call the Residential Licensing offfice.
DBH Residential Care for Children & Youth
http://dhss.alaska.gov/dbh/Pages/Residentialcare/Default.aspx The Center for Training & StaffDevelopment at Alaska Children and Family http://dhss.alaska.gov/dbh/Pages/Residentialcare/training/default.aspx
Bring the Kids Home
Alaska Association of Homes for Children http://dhss.alaska.gov/ocs/Documents/ResidentialCare/docs/aahc_membersdirectory.pdf
There are several steps to becoming obtaining RCCF/RPTC license in the State of Alaska. If you are interested in obtaining a license you will want to download the New Home Application packet and submit it to Residential Licensing. Your application will be reviewed by a Supervisor and assigned to a Specialist, who will work closely with you on ensuring your application meets all the licensing requirements. After that a Specialist will conduct an onsite inspection of your facility before final review and approval.
For Questions about obtaining a license call Robert Nave at 334-2496.
Statutes and Regulations
4601 Business Park Blvd, Bldg L
Anchorage, AK 99503
Phone: (907) 334-2492
Fax: (907) 269-3622