Health Facilities Licensing & Certification
Our office is responsible to license and certify health facilities throughout the state of Alaska. We license and/or certify the following facilities:
- Nursing Homes
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Hospices (paid and volunteer)
- Outpatient Physical Therapy Providers
- Rural Health Clinics
- Freestanding Birth Centers
- Home Health Care Providers
- Frontier Extended Stay Clinics
- End Stage Renal Disease Facilities and contract with State Fire Marshal for Life Safety Code.
Certification takes part through an agreement with the Center for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) for those facilities who take part in the federal Medicare and Medicaid programs.
Come work for the section of Certification and Licensing! View our video below to learn more about our work and see what it's like to work with Alaskans all over the state.