Information for Parents:
Alaska Inclusive Child Care Program (Alaska IN!)
Supplemental funding for special needs child care
Some children need additional assistance in order to be included in child care. The Alaska Child Care Inclusive Program (Alaska IN!) is administered by the Child Care Program Office to give extra support to families with children who have special needs in accessing inclusive care and offer supplemental funding to providers for training, needed accommodations, and support to help them meet the child’s individual needs. The purpose of Alaska IN! is to enhance the skills of the child care provider, promote inclusive child care practices in child care settings, and ensure families participating in the Child Care Assistance Program, including children with special needs, have access to child care. This also helps ensure children with special needs have a stable and consistent child care provider who can meet their individual needs.
Alaska IN! Also Provides:
• Referrals, outreach, and education to parents of children with special needs about child care options through Alaska’s statewide Child Care Resource and Referral Network, thread;
• An on-site observation of your child in their care setting by thread, and a Child Care Provider Inclusion Plan;
• Specific training and support to providers who care for children with special needs; and
• Supplemental funding to providers, based upon each child's individual needs and/or needed accommodations.
• The family must be participating in the State of Alaska’s Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP), including Parents Achieving Self Sufficiency (PASS) I, PASS II, and PASS III;
• The child must be under 13 years of age;
• The child must have a diagnosed special need or developmental disability;
• Must use a CCAP participating provider; and
• The child’s diagnosed special need or developmental disability must require additional services at a cost to the provider.
If you are looking for care for your child with special needs, call Alaska’s statewide Child Care Resource and Referral Network, thread, for an enhanced referral toll free at: 1-800-278-3723.
To apply for Alaska IN! contact the Child Care Program Office at: