Tips on how to avoid delays?
Providing all the information requested on the application will avoid delays.
- Complete (print carefully), sign and date the application.
- Please be sure to include full names, social security numbers, and dates of birth and ethnicity for all household members on your application.
- Attach copies of pay stubs issued in the prior month for anyone in the household who worked. If you do not have pay stub copies, your employer can complete Form B in the application packet.
- If you have worked seasonally, attach copies of pay stubs for the last 12 months. If you cannot locate all of your pay stubs, have your employer(s) " fill out Form C in the application packet.
- If you have been self-employed, provide an itemized listing of all business related income and expenses received during the last 12 months, use Form A, and provide a copy of your most recent income tax return.
- If you live in a trailer or mobile home 35 feet or more, list the exterior length and width in question 9.
- Attach copies of your most recent fuel and electricity bill(s). If you heat with wood, you must include receipts from wood vendors showing you spent at least $200 on wood. If you self-harvest your wood, please include receipts for supplies used to harvest your wood.
- If heat is included in your rent, attach a copy of your rental agreement and most recent rent receipt.
- Attach a copy of your disconnect notice if it is within 48 hours and you are requesting emergency processing.
- If you live in Section 8 or subsidized housing, attach a copy of your rental housing worksheet.
- Please remember to include a copy of the head of household’s social security card or another form of state or government issued ID for this person.
<- Return to the Heating Assistance Program page