Tips on how to avoid delays?
Providing all the information requested on the application will avoid delays.
- Complete (print carefully), sign and date the application.
- Please be sure to include full names, social security numbers, and dates of birth for all household members on your application.
- Attach copies of pay stubs issued in the prior month for anyone in the household who worked. If you do not have pay stub copies, your employer can complete Form B.
- If you have worked seasonally, attach copies of pay stubs for the last 12 months. If you cannot locate all of your pay stubs, have your employer(s) " fill out Form C.
- If you have been self-employed, provide an itemized listing of all business related income and expenses received during the last 12 months, use Form A, and provide a copy of your most recent income tax return.
- If you live in a trailer or mobile home 35 feet or more, list the exterior length and width in question 11.
- Attach copies of your most recent fuel and/or electricity bill(s) or wood vendor receipts.
- If heat is included in your rent, attach a copy of your rental agreement and most recent rent receipt.
- Attach a copy of your disconnect notice if it is within 48 hours and you are requesting emergency processing.
- If you live in Section 8 or subsidized housing, attach a copy of your rental housing worksheet.
Return to the Heating Assistance Program Page