Alaska Diabetes Prevention and Control Program - Home
The Alaska Diabetes Prevention and Control Program focuses on:
- Monitoring the burden of Diabetes in Alaska
- Providing education and information to the Alaskan public
- Developing community-based Diabetes programs throughout Alaska
- Translating research into clinical practice by helping provide professional educational programs
- Partnering with other organizations to provide resources to Alaskans
Diabetes News & Announcements
Events for Septmeber 2015
If you are an adult:
Let's Talk Diabetes
Free public education session to be held on the resources available in Anchorage to prevent Type 2 Diabetes and on how to participate in self-management education classes to help you manage your Type 2 Diabetes.
Join us for this and more:
- ASK AN EXPERT BOOTH with Dr. Ross Tanner M.D.
- FOOD PROVIDED by Subway
- PARTICIPATE & ENTER TO WIN 40,000 Alaska Airline miles
- FREE SCREENINGS & A1C TESTING
We understand the need for resources to help inform patients about Diabetes, and their risk.
Do you know the American Medical Association and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have developed a toolkit to help prevent Diabetes. Find out more!
There are Diabetes Prevention Programs (DPP) available in Alaska. One of the barriers for DPP is outreach to eligible clients. We need providers to actively refer to this program. Find out more…
We know enrollment of DPP among women with or without a history of gestational diabetes is effective in preventing diabetes long-term. Find out more…
When referring your client, take into consideration the risk-benefit for the individual client. Studies show DPP to be effective, however the degree of effect varies depending on the individual client and variation of risk of Type 2 Diabetes. Find out more…
We have diabetes self-management programs available throughout the state.
People with diabetes and/or other chronic diseases can:
Information from the CDC
Health Fairs in your Community
Diabetes affects all
To learn more contact: email@example.com