Health Promotion and Injury Prevention
or call:(907) 269-3489
410 Willoughby Ave., Room 110
P.O. Box 110614
Juneau, Alaska 99811-0614
3601 C Street, Suite 222
PO Box 240249
Anchorage, Ak 99524
Child Passenger Safety: Information about Booster Seats
Boosters seats "the missing link for law enforcment"
Caregivers should consider this 5-Step Test *
- Does the child sit all the way back against the auto seat?
- Do the child’s knees bend comfortably auto the edge of the auto seat?
- Does the belt cross the shoulder between the neck and arm? Not the Neck!
- Is the lap belt as low as possible, touching the thighs? NOT the stomach!
- Can the child stay seated like this for the whole trip?
For most children this means they should use a booster if they are over 40 pounds to up to around 80 pounds and 4 feet 8 inches
This will vary a little with the child and the motor vehicle
* from the SafetyBeltSafe U.S.A