3601 C Street, Suite 722
Anchorage AK 99503
Obesity Prevention - Overview
Our mission is to prevent and reduce obesity among Alaskans though the promotion of physical activity and good nutrition.
Sign up to get our free e-listserv and receive information about obesity prevention efforts, funding opportunities, and other relevant news. Join by contacting email@example.com
- serves as a credible source of information on the causes, health and economic consequences of obesity to the public, health professionals, and the media;
- maintain systematic collection, analysis, evaluation and reporting of obesity prevalence and related physical activity and nutrition behaviors;
- identifies population groups at greatest risk for the health threats of obesity;
- develops partnerships with and provides leadership to a wide variety of private and public agencies;
- provides technical advice and support to partners in implementing obesity prevention strategies;
- manages the Play Every Day campaign, Community Nutrition efforts, the Obesity Prevention School Partnerships, Healthy Drinks Project, and the Early Care and Education Initiative;
- facilitates the Alaska Alliance for Healthy Kids that works to prevent childhood obesity.