Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion
Safe Toys and Gifts Month
Older Driver Safety Awareness Week - December 2nd to 6th
About the Section
Vision: Healthy and Safe Alaskans.
Mission: To identify and advance the conditions that lead to
safe and healthy lives for Alaskans.
To achieve our mission and vision the Section of Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion seeks to improve the health and well being of all Alaskans by:
- monitoring behavioral risk factors and chronic diseases through the collection, interpretation, and dissemination of surveillance data;
- educating the public and health professionals;
- collaborating with communities and other partners in the planning, implementation and evaluation of evidence-based strategies and interventions;
- advocating for the prevention and control of chronic diseases; and
- promoting healthy lifestyle decisions.