What's the best thing you've done for your health?
CDPHP News and Announcements
Get our news sent to you
Sign up for an e-mail update when there is a news update or announcement about chronic disease prevention and health promotion.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter
Every month, the Section publishes a newsletter about the work the staff does with partners.
Sign up for the Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion Collaborative Newsletter.
Past issues linked below
In the news
Read and watch reports about the Section featured in Alaska media.
- Alaska officials say smoking down among teens
- State releases top 25 health concerns in Alaska
Alcohol Awareness Month
April marks Alcohol Awareness Month. This year, CDC is drawing attention to the risks to women from binge drinking, a dangerous behavior that leads to many health and social problems for women, particularly if they are pregnant or may become pregnant.
National Child Abuse Prevention Month
This month is a time to acknowledge the importance of families and communities working together to prevent child abuse and neglect, and to promote the social and emotional well-being of children and families.
April 7-11 is National Public Health Week
This year's event will focus on the following daily themes:
• Be healthy from the start. From maternal health and school nutrition to emergency preparedness, public health starts at home.
• Don’t panic. Disaster preparedness starts with community-wide commitment and action.
• Get out ahead. Prevention is now a nationwide priority. Let us show you where you fit in.
• Eat well. The system that keeps our nation’s food safe and healthy is complex.
• Be the healthiest nation in one generation. Best practices for community health come from around the globe.
New reports, publications, resources and announcements