What's the best thing you've done for your health?
CDPHP News and Announcements
Get our news sent to you
Sign up for an e-mail update when there is a news update or announcement about chronic disease prevention and health promotion.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter
Every month, the Section publishes a newsletter about the work the staff does with partners.
In the news
Read and watch reports about the Section featured in Alaska media.
- Alaska officials say smoking down among teens
- State releases top 25 health concerns in Alaska
National Nutrition Month
Each week eatright.org will be sharing healthy eating tips, videos and other information you can use to make smart food choices and “enjoy the taste of eating right.”
- Week one they will share nutrition tips for kids.
- Week two you can learn how to eat healthy while in college.
- Week three they will highlight tools to help plan healthy meals for you and your family.
- Week four they will share advice for eating healthy as you age.
Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month
Alaska ranks among the top 10 states in colorectal cancer incidence, but has one of the lowest screening rates. If you're 50 years old or older, getting a screening test for colorectal cancer could save your life.
New reports, publications, resources and announcements