Medical Service Awards
Ambulance Service Award
The criteria for selection
are the following:
- heroic performance on a special occasion,
such as a mass casualty response or
- outstanding success
in providing year-round community service and in gaining support
and involvement of the entire community in its service and
In short, an ambulance service will
be chosen that exemplifies in some way the outstanding service
that all our ambulance organizations and rescue squads provide
to Alaska. The Council has developed a standard nomination
form to be used for nominations.
- North Tongass Volunteer Fire Department – Dave Hull, Chief, Ketchikan — In recognition of the compassionate care they provide to patients both during and after emergency response, and for their support to their community.
- Alaska Professional Volunteers, Anchorage — In providing
more than 14,000 volunteer hours over the last year, and for providing EMS coverage at events in Anchorage
and communities in Southcentral Alaska.
- Hoonah Emergency Medical Services — In recognition of the staff’s volunteer spirit, professionalism and long-term dedication to insuring that injured and ill residents and visitors receive the best emergency care.
- Delta Rescue Squad of Delta Junction — in recognition of the dedication of the all-volunteer squad in serving a geographic area of 12,000 square miles with response times of up to 6 hours.
- Fire Chief William Chadwick and the Girdwood Fire Department in recognition of the agency’s dedicated service to the community since 1974.
- Central Matanuska-Susitna Ambulance Service -- Wasilla
- King Cove Volunteer Fire & Rescue Squad -- King Cove
First Responders - Aleknagik
Volunteer Ambulance Corps - Seward
Volunteer Ambulance Department – Nome
Volunteer Fire Department - Nuiqsut
Harbor Village Response Team - Old Harbor
Volunteer EMS Squad - Hoonah
Volunteer Fire Department - Haines
Volunteer Fire & Rescue - Chugiak
Volunteer Fire Department & Rescue Squad - Dillingham
- Aniak Volunteer Fire Department - Aniak
- Unalaska Volunteer Ambulance Service - Unalaska
Borough Palmer Ambulance Service - Palmer
Volunteer Fire Department - Healy
Point Volunteer Fire & EMS Department
Bay Borough Volunteer Rescue Squad - Naknek
Fire Department/EMS Division - Ketchikan
Volunteer Fire Department - Homer
Volunteer Ambulance Service - Nome
EMT Association – Tok
Point EMS – Sand Point
Volunteer Rescue Squad - Dillingham
Volunteer Ambulance Service - Haines
Creek Volunteer Ambulance Service – Trapper Creek