HRSA funded Rural Veterans Health Access Program
The federal Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) has funded Alaska as one of three states in this model demonstration program to improve the quality of mental health and other critical healthcare services for veterans living in rural areas.
Funding from 2016 to 2019 will enable rural veterans to access telehealth video-linked counseling services and other emotional health services and training for medical and mental health providers to detect and treat traumatic brain injury and post-traumatic stress disorders (PTSD).
About the Program
The Rural Veterans Health Access Program is funded by
the Health Resource Service Administration, Office of Rural Health
Policy Grant No. H3GRH26369-02-00.
The goal of Alaska’s Rural Veterans Health Access Program (RVHAP) program is to utilize telehealth and health information technology to enhance access and quality of mental health service and other health care services to veterans residing in rural areas.
RVHAP Program Priorities
The Alaska RVHAP supports telehealth networks to provide statewide services including the provision of:
- Video-linked counseling for trauma and other emotional health concerns provided by experienced counselors
- Mental health crisis intervention services
- Information for Veterans on benefit eligibility, available services, access to medical records and care coordination
- Assistance for veterans with benefit eligibility, accessing services and health records
- Webinar training for medical and behavioral health clinicians on TBI assessment and treatment and detection of post-traumatic stress disorders.
Traumatic Brain Injury Webinars
There will be several new TBI focused webinars during Fiscal Year 2016-17 (September 2016 to August 2017). These are free and have free CMEs and CEUs, as applicable to the topics.
Traumatic Brain Injury Webinar Playlist
Archived Traumatic Brain Injury Webinars
Past presentations can be accessed below. The topics are listed in chronological order from the first presentation to the most recent.