Provider Cerification & Compliance Unit
In the Division of Senior and Disabilities Services (DSDS), the Provider Certification & Compliance Unit serves the function of ensuring that providers of all services are qualified and are in compliance with all relevant policies and regulations. To ensure the delivery of quality services, the Provider Certification & Compliance Unit provides technical assistance through the certification process, desk or on-site review process, and during complaint investigation procedures.
The Provider Quality Assurance Unit values collaboration and strives to strengthen the information network among consumers, service providers and DSDS staff.
The Provider Certification & Compliance Unit conducts the following:
- Certification of Home and Community Based Medicaid Waiver Providers and Personal Care Assistance Medicaid Agency Providers
- Recertification of Home and Community Based Medicaid Waiver Providers and Personal Care Assistance Medicaid Agency Providers
- Processes changes related to provider administrators, address, phone number, and other information
- Processing reported changes related to certification, including closures
- Investigation of provider related complaints and noncompliance
- Critical Incident Report (CIR) Investigation as related to Provider compliance
- Provider desk and on-site reviews which are selected randomly, based on complaints, or directed by management and are related to provider quality and compliance
- Background Variance Request coordination and processing
- Review and determination of Requests for PCA Training Waivers
*Please note that the Provider Certification & Compliance Unit certifies providers. For information about the provider Medicaid enrollment process, please contact http://medicaidalaska.com. In order for a provider to be qualified to provide services, the first step is certification, followed by enrollment. Both steps are required in order to provide services.
Provider Certification & Compliance Staff Contacts
Lisa McGuire – Unit Manager, Health Program Manager III, Lisa.firstname.lastname@example.org, 269-3681
Manages and oversees all functions of the Provider QA unit
Beverly Churchill – Health Program Manager II, email@example.com, 269-3663
Performs all certifications and re-certifications for Providers that begin with the letters A-L, processes closures, changes in ownership, and other reportable changes
Jamie Kaiser – Medical Assistant Administrator I, Jamie.firstname.lastname@example.org, 269-5026
Performs certifications and re-certifications for Care Coordinators, technical assistance, and initial and re-certifications for providers that begin with the letters M-Z
Patrick Walker – Health Program Manager II, Patrick.email@example.com, 269-3673
Provider desk and site reviews, technical assistance, processes background variance requests
Jim Leonard-Health Program Manager II, Jim.firstname.lastname@example.org, 269-6067
Provider desk and site reviews, technical assistance
Sue Darby – Office Assistant II, Sue.email@example.com, 334-2639
Initial screening of provider certification & re-certification applications
The State of Alaska Division of Senior and Disabilities Services uses Direct Secure Messaging (DSM)
for all Personal health information (PHI). As a provider of Medicaid and/or HCBW Services, you are expected to use DSM. Contact the Alaska eHealth Network (AeHN) at 1-866-966-9030 or
email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an account.