Developmental Disabilities Program Information Links
Appearance of a Web site link here does not imply endorsement by the Alaska Department of Health and Social Services, Division of Senior and Disabilities Services of the external Web site's content or the views and opinions of the external Web Site's sponsoring organization. If you are a mental health or developmental disabilities resource, feel free to email us requesting a link to your organization.
State of Alaska
- Governor's Council on Disabilities and Special Education- GCDSE's mission is to create change that improves the independence, productivity, and inclusion into the community for people with developmental disabilities through planning, evaluation and advocacy to create change.
- ADA State Coordinators Office Information on Employment and ADA, State and local govermment, public accommodation and links to many state and national disability resource sites)
- Division of Vocational Rehabilitation - FAQ's, staff and office locations, Procurement Preference List, DVR library resources, Alaska Career Information Systems, Services and resource for the blind and visually impaired, Workforce Investment Act, Rehab Act Amendments, Vocational Rehabilitation Services, Assistive Technologies of Alaska, Disability Determination Service, Americans with Disabilities Act Compliance, Business Enterprise Program and Alaska Transition Initiative.
- State Office of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome - To prevent all alcohol-related birth defects and to improve the delivery of services to those individuals already affected by fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASD).
- DisabilityInfo.Gov - On August 28, 2002, President George W. Bush issued an executive memorandum as part of the New Freedom Initiative that directed all federal agencies to cooperate in building an interagency Web portal for people with disabilities, their families, employers, and the general public.
- Social Security Administration Office of Disability and Income Security Programs
Social Security Juneau Office, Find your local office using your zip code.
- Special Education Service Agency - a publicly funded agency which provides assistance to Alaskan school districts and early intervention programs serving students with low incidence disabilities.
- American's with Disabilities Act Document Center- ADA Statute, Regulations, ADAAG (Americans with Disabilities Act Accessibility Guidelines), Federally Reviewed Tech Sheets, and Other Assistance Documents.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention(CDC) To promote health and quality of life by preventing and controlling disease, injury, and disability.
- National Institute of Disability and Rehabilitation Research- NIDRR is responsible for identifying, assessing, and seeking to coordinate and promote cooperation among all Federal program activities, projects, and plans with respect to the conduct of research related to rehabilitation of individuals with disabilities.
NON GOVERNMENT AGENCIES
- Brooks Publishing - offering books, seminars, and other products for professionals, faculty members, a parent or self-advocate working to help unlock the potential of patients, students, and people with special needs.
- ABA Materials - resources for Autism.
- Project Med - To provide patients with booklets and information about the medications that they are taking. 1. Patient's Rights and Responsibilities, 2. Anticonvulsant Medicines (Medicines for People with Epilepsy), 3. Antipsychotic Medicines 4. Antidepressant Medicines, 5. Antimanic Medicines (Medicines for People with Mood Problems), 6. Antianxiety Medicines, 7. Stimulant Medicines, 8. Other Medicines (Blood Pressure Medicine, Naltrexone, Vitamins, and Over the Counter)
- Wrightslaw - Special Education Law & Advocacy