Welcome to Senior and Disabilities Services
Our mission is to promote health, well being and safety for individuals with disabilities, seniors and vulnerable adults by facilitating access to quality services and supports that foster independence, personal choice and dignity.
- 11/25 Good Faith Services suspended from Medicaid due to credible allegation of fraud
- 10/17 Charges filed against a PCA worker for fraudulently billing Medicaid $94,000.
- 10/15 The window to sign up for Medicare prescription plans is now open!
- 9/20 Alaska's Adult Protective Services unit presents its Community Commitment Award to Alzheimer's Resource of Alaska
- 8/7 SDS Director Duane Mayes talks with KTUU Ch 2 about Alaska’s rapidly growing senior population – the fastest in the nation – and what we’ll need to build to support them.
- 7/11 Governor Parnell signs Silver Alert Legislation.
- 7/9 Twenty-nine Anchorage based personal care attendants and Medicaid recipients charge for medical assistance fraud.
- 7/2 FAQs have been added to the information provided under the new regulation links.
Check back as more FAQs become available.
- 6/3 Amendments to regulations at 7 AAC 130.200 – 130.319 governing Home and Community-Based Medicaid Waiver Services were published by the Lieutenant Governor on May 29, 2013 and will become effective July 1, 2013.
The regulation package includes new standards for operation of home and a community-based service agencies set out in the Conditions of Participation, and introduces two newly realigned waivers. Overall, the regulations and Conditions of Participation set rules for participant eligibility, the process of participant enrollment in waiver programs, home and community-based service provider certification, participant safeguards, and the provision of home and community-based services.
- 5/13 Personal Care Attendant Convicted for Fraudulently Billing Medicaid
- 4/29 Congratulations to the 5 Award Winners of the 2013 Alaska Alliance for Direct Service Careers Outstanding Direct Service Professionals of the Year Awards! Read more.
- 4/10 SDS was recently approved as educators/providers of Social Work CEUs per the AK Social Work Board of Examiners. Successful completion of SDS’ Basic Care Coordination face-to-face training will now garner 17 contact hours for those needing continuing education as part of their occupational license. Contact the training team for more information on this and all trainings: Kara.Thrasher-Livingston@alaska.gov.
- 2/13 Anchorage personal care attendants indicted for fraudulently billing Medicaid
- 1/17 Community gathering and public testimony will be held on Wednesday, January 23 from 5:00-7:00 p.m. at Centennial Hall Convention Center in Juneau. Hosted by The Governor's Council on Disabilities and Special Education. Let your voice be heard!
Go to SDS News Archives