The Alaska Medicare Information Office relies on trained volunteers throughout the state to help Alaskans with Medicare.
Should you become a State Health Insurance Assistance Programs (SHIP) and/or a Senior Medicare Programs (SMP) volunteer?
- Yes, if you enjoy helping people
- Are dependable, patient, and compassionate
- Are able to understand and explain complex issues
- Can protect client confidentiality
- Can work during the workday
- Have easy access to the web and email
If this describes you, see what the next steps are:
- Step 1. Please email the Medicare Information Office staff at email@example.com with the following information:
Primary email address:
Interests or experience:
- Step 2.Complete Volunteer Application packet provided by Medicare Information Office staff
- Step 3. Interview in-person or by telephone to determine job description & training plan.
- Step 4. Complete training for your job description as assigned.
- Step 5. Receive assessment and coaching feedback as required for your job description.
- Step 6. Start your job description and mentoring as appropriate.
For additional training opportunities or if you have questions about these steps contact
the Medicare Information Office staff at (907) 269-3680 or 1-800-478-6065