SDS Care Coordination Training
Care coordinators are essential to SDS mission
- Securing services to meet the needs of HCBS Waiver and Personal Care Assistance services
- SDS offers training on care coordinator responsibilities
- Preparing interested individuals to fill the care coordinator role
- Ensures high quality training
- Providing for the health and safety of HCBS Waiver and Personal Care Assistance participants
Certified care coordinator
- Must complete the SDS basic training course
- Demonstrate their comprehension of course content through an examination
- Complete care coordination training course at least once every two years
For renewal of certification
- Provide proof of successful completion of SDS training within last 2 years
- Advanced care coordination classes are offered
- For currently certified care coordinators
- Must have worked for at least 24 months in an agency that provides care coordination services
Basic care coordination training is available through SDS Training
- Two day face-to-face classroom training, offered around the state scheduled throughout the year
- Webinar series, six two-hour sessions over 6 weeks, scheduled throughout the year
- Self Paced Basic Care Coordination e-course available on a continuous basis
Contact SDS Training at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the Self Paced Basic Care Coordinator Training e-packet.
- Allow up to one week to process your request
- Materials will be sent via email
- Study materials and return the exam
Please note: Self Paced Basic Care Coordination training is designed to provide you with basic information and procedures. Completing only the Self Paced Basic Care Coordination training course does not constitute certification as a Care Coordinator.
Other training opportunities are described below.
The link on the bottom of the page leads to registration for current offerings.
For additional information, please contact Kara Thrasher-Livingston
Kara.Thrasher-Livingston@alaska.gov or Cina Keefe email@example.com