Get Twitter updates via SMS by texting: follow GCDSE to 40404
2017 GCDSE Position Papers
- Refinancing the Community Developmental Disability Grant Program (CDDG). Currently the CDDG is 100% state
funded; refinancing the CDDG would allow the leveraging of federal money,
with a 50% federal Medicaid match to assist individuals with developmental
disabilities in attaining and maintaining skills needed to live, excel and
improve successful independence. The availability of waiver services helps to
prevent institutionalization which is significantly more costly, in addition to
promoting access to the greater community.
- Support: HB 16 | Bill. Legislation to promote positive interaction between individuals with disabilities and law enforcement officials through academic level training, public education, and voluntary identification.
- ABLE Plan: There's no limits to what people with disabilities can do! Savings plan which allows individuals with disabilities to save for qualified disability expenses without losing eligibility for certain assistance programs, like SSI and Medicaid.
- GCDSE Resolution. Resolution requesting the Alaska Legislature and Executive branch work together to create and implement a long-range fiscal plan, through diverse revenue sources, to promote strong rural and urban communities which protect the health, education and cultural life of Alaska's most vulnerable populations.
GCDSE Annual Report
Employment First JOB FAIR, Friday, March 31, 2017 from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m at the University Center Mall in Anchorage. For more information: Job Seekers and Employers
March is Developmental Disability Awareness Month. We believe people with disabilities should have control over their lives and be able to make their own choices. We believe people with disabilities should have equal opportunities in: employment, early intervention, education, independent living, healthcare, and inclusion in the community.
The Alaska Governor’s Council on Disabilities and Special Education is pleased to announce two newly filled staff positions.
2017 Inclusive Practice Award Winners: Service High School Partners Club
Business Employment Services Team (BEST) Employment First Job Fair. Friday, March 31, 2017, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., University Center Mall, 3800 Old Seward Highway
The DD Systems Collaborative vision for the future of home and community based services for Alaskans who experience a developmental disability
- Applications for 2017-2018 Project SEARCH Transition Program closing very soon. Kristin.Vandagriff@alaska.gov
- 1/16 Alaska exceeds nationwide employment rates by breaking down barriers to employment for people with disabilities
- 12/22 ABLE ACT: Alaska launches savings plan for children and adults with a disability or blindness ABLE Highlights ABLE FAQ's
- 12/21 Anchorage assembly votes in favor of new taxi permits