Get Twitter updates via SMS by texting: follow GCDSE to 40404
10/1 Join the Council for a community forum on our 5-year state plan, Oct 7 in Anchorage, 6-7:30pm!
9/24 Business Employment Services Team “BEST” will be hosting an employer breakfast at the Midtown Job Center, 3301 Eagle Street, on October 21, 2015. Come and learn more about Alaska’s Economic Landscape from Economist Neal Fried, plus details on hiring veterans and individuals with disabilities! Space is very limited…see the flyer for details and how to RSVP!
9/23 The Arc of Anchorage is pleased to sponsor Bonner Paddock on Monday, October 12th at the Wendy Williams Auditorium. This is an event for the entire community and includes free parking. Link to video to learn more about Bonner: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rciEzXEyDHA
9/9 Join the Council and several Anchorage agencies for FASD Awareness Day at the Anchorage School District, on September 9 from 4:30-7:30pm! There will be community speakers such as self-advocates and families affected by FASD, First Lady Donna Walker, and Mayor Ethan Berkowitz; kid's activities; and refreshments!
- Training opportunity on the Working Disabled Medicaid Buy-In program - September 16 or 23. Check out the training flyer for more information and on how to register.
- 8/26 Statewide Employment Services Training offerings for September!
- 8/24 National Certificate in Employment Services 5-week training on Tuesdays & Thursdays from 1-4:30pm in Anchorage, or via videoconference. Register now!
- 7/17 Help Fight Housing Discrimination! To learn how you can become a fair housing tester, check out the flyer and brochure.
- 7/16 Governor Walker takes important step toward Medicaid expansion
6/14 The Governor's Council has recently published a report on the housing barriers faced by people with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities. Check it out on our Publications page!
- 3/25 The Council supports Medicaid Expansion! Read our resolution here.
- 3/24 Read about the latest Medicaid changes to the Alaska care coordination system by clicking on our "Medicaid" button to the left!