Inclusive Practice Award 2014
The Governor’s Council on Disabilities & Special Education has established an annual award to be given at the Annual Statewide Special Education Conference each February. This award recognizes outstanding educators who work to ensure students with disabilities have the opportunity for an inclusive education with their peers as part of the general education curriculum.
Parents, students and educators are encouraged to nominate an outstanding educator by completing the attached nomination form and returning it to the Council by 5:00 p.m. on January 17, 2013.
Nominees for the Inclusive Practice Award should be individuals or teams who are currently educators including preschool, regular, special educators, related service providers, administrators or related personnel. Award winners are selected based on demonstration of the following criteria:
- Involving parents as equal partner in their child’s education
- Encouraging student’s self-determination
- Promoting inclusive practices that allow students with disabilities to be included with peers and the school community
- Providing leadership in sharing the values of inclusion in their school community
- Modifying curricula or providing support services that enables access to the regular curriculum
Completed forms should be submitted to Christie Reinhardt by January 17, 2014:
EMAIL to: email@example.com
FAX to: (907) 269-8642
MAIL: Governor’s Council on Disabilities & Special Education
Education Committee/Inclusive Awards PO Box 240249
Anchorage, AK 99524-0249
Creating Change That Improves the Lives of People with Disabilities